Jules Wilson, Bowen therapist in Norwich based at Norfolk Bowen Therapy
My passion for the Bowen Technique is rooted in my own personal experiences and the way my health has improved beyond measure since I first discovered this unique form of holistic therapy. Since damaging my shoulder and then suffering a life-changing skiing accident several years ago, I had explored almost every form of therapy, both conventional and alternative, in an attempt to manage my chronic pain. Some therapies brought me temporary relief but I was unable to find a long-term solution to my problem. March 2011 I also had a nasty fall onto my coccyx, and a friend recommended the Bowen Technique.
After receiving four Bowen treatments, my long term shoulder pain was resolved, and within six weeks my coccyx was also pain-free. As a veteran of numerous different techniques and therapists, I was impressed by the effectiveness of the Bowen Technique, through gentle movements which were not painful to receive and did not crunch or crack! During my Bowen treatments, my attention was drawn to a poster on the wall about becoming a Bowen therapist, and after some research, I decided to self fund my training through the European College of Bowen Studies (now The College of Bowen Studies).
To qualify in the Bowen Technique, I undertook five blocks of residential training in London over a nine-month period, completing over sixty case studies and passing the rigorous theory and practical assessments. I have developed a specific interest in working with children, volunteering my time at the BTPA Children’s Clinic in Suffolk to further my skills in this area.
As a former Operations Manager for a successful leisure business, I aim to bring a highly professional approach to my business and ensure that all clients receive the highest quality care. I am fully insured and committed to furthering my knowledge and practical skills through ongoing professional development. Also, I give talks to enable more people to learn about and experience the Bowen Technique.
Towards the end of 2018, I had the huge honour to be asked to be the UK teaching assistant to John Garfield from Australia. He is, in my opinion, one of the best Bowen instructors in the world!
And following this in 2019 John asked me to be his UK instructor and teach his work.
At the same time, I was also appointed an MSTR instructor for the McLoughlin Scar Tissue Release Technique.
My Continued Professional Development
In addition to my initial training I have attended the courses listed below or hold the following certificates and professional memberships:
- Member of the Association of Physical and Natural Therapists
- Three Day First Aid at Work Certificate
- Paediatric 12 Hour Infant/Child First Aid Level 3
- ITEC Level 3 Anatomy & Physiology & Pathology
- Integral Anatomy Intensive with Gil Hedley
- One day dissection course ‘Introduction to Fascia’ wit Julian Baker
- Red Flag Assessment (renewed November 2020)
- ECBS Practitioner Workshop with Jihan Adem
- ECBS Bowen Kinetics Workshop with Michael Morris
- ECBS Mother and Baby Workshop with Sylvia Wilkinson
- “Bowen in the Flesh” Dissection Course with Jihan Adem
- Attended the British Fascia Symposium 2014
- The “Essential TMJ” Module 1 with Ron Phelan
- The “Essential TMJ” Module 2 with Ron Phelan
- Practitioner Assessment Skills Course Module 1 with Ron Phelan
- Practitioner Assessment Skills Course Module 3 with Ron Phelan
- 6-Day Intensive Hands-On Human Dissection Workshop with Gil Hedley and Julian Baker
- “Art of Bowen” Course with Alastair McLoughlin
- ECBS TMJ, Respiratory and Diaphragm Workshop with Alastair Rattray
- ECBS Assessment Workshop with Michael Morris
- Fascia Bowen ‘Part 1 & 2 Combined’ with Jo Wortley
- NST Bowen ‘Deep Cures’ with Ron Phelan
- The “Essential TMJ” Module 2 (refresher) with Ron Phelan
- Neural Touch™ Bowen Bridge 1 with Gene Dobkin
- Attended the Bowen 2015 Conference
- ECBS Asthma and Respiratory Workshop with Alastair Rattray
- ECBS Neuro Workshop with Michael Morris
- Fascia Bowen ‘Part 1 & 2 Combined’ refresher with Jo Wortley
- “Smart Bowen” with Randy Barber
- Sports Course 1 with Paula Esson and Michael Morris
- “Anatomy in Motion (AiM) with Gary Ward
- “The Importance of Symmetry” with Graham Pennington
- College of Applied Myoskeletal Therapy – The Pelvis and Lumbar Spine with John Garfield
- College of Applied Myoskeletal Therapy – Upper Torso and Neck with John Garfield
- CBS Practitioner Workshop with Michael Morris (FHT Holistic Therapist of the Year 2016)
- Fascia Bowen ‘Practitioner Workshop – Update & Revision’ with Jo Wortley
- ‘Ultimate Bowen’ with Julian Baker
- ‘Hormonal Release – The Bowen Way’ with Ron Phelan
- “Targeting Primary Dysfunction” Workshop with Graham Pennington
- Practitioner Development Workshop with Michael Morris
- O Lab “Fundamentals” Review Training (TMJ) with Ron Phelan
- College of Applied Myoskeletal Therapy – The Lower Extremities with John Garfield
- College of Applied Myoskeletal Therapy – Clinical Gems Workshop with John Garfield
- College of Applied Myoskeletal Therapy – Neck Workshop with John Garfield
- McLoughlin Scar Tissue Release Technique Certificate of Proficiency
- Cranio Bowen with Bowen College UK
- The “Art of Bowen 2” with Alastair McLoughlin
- Attended the Foot, Fascia and Function Summit 2018 with Dr. Vybarr Cregan-Reid, James Earl, Dr. Emily Splichal, and Anthony Carey
- Practitioner Workshop with Gus de la Querra
- Take Your Practice Online with Blend Therapy and Training
- TMJ Therapy TMJ1® with Blend Therapy Training
- Bowen ‘First-Aid’
Norfolk Bowen Therapy is located at 9 Manor Road, Cantley, Norwich NR13 3SD. My clinic is a separate building located in front of my home, set in woodland, and offers clients the privacy of two treatment rooms, a reception and waiting area, and toilet facilities. I take time to build relationships with my clients to ensure that I understand the complexities of your health issues and offer a fully holistic approach to your treatment plan.
I look forward to meeting you!